Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family is Always There to Keep You Grounded


This past weekend I had the chance to take a little family time, as seven of us (my sister Sarah couldn't come home from college in Indiana for the weekend) loaded into our big white van, and headed out to Wichita, Kansas. My parents were both raised there, and most of our relatives are still in that area, so our bi-annual family reunion on my dad's side was held in Hope, Kansas again this year. We went to visit my Uncle Fred in the hospital in Wichita, as he crashed a couple weeks ago during a dirt-bike race and broke several ribs and both hips. He's doing a lot better, and was laughing too much(as always) for his ribs. My brother Jerod and his wife also came down to meet us there, so my dad and brothers had the chance to meet him for the first time! We went out to dinner, as it was also my younger brother Adam's birthday- he's the big 13 now!

The next day we spent time with all the relatives at the family reunion - it was so great to be able to see everyone again! With about a nine hour drive each way, our family sure got a lot of quality time in that van! It was a pretty short weekend, as we drove back home on Sunday so the kids could get to school on Monday, but it was a much-needed mini-vacation with the people who keep me grounded. I am so lucky to have such an amazing and supportive family who always shower me with all the love I could ever need. I am so very thankful for not only my family, but also for every person who has taken me as their family, and is just as encouraging and loving. You are truly my family as well, and I love each and every one of you! This fall, don't forget the people in your life who have always been there for you, and remind you who you are and where you've come from. We have so much to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I want you to know that you are such an inspirational young woman, and Nebraska is so lucky to have you as a representative!

Quick question and kind of unrelated to your blog post: your makeup always looks flawless. Do you have any application tips?

Teresa Scanlan said...

Well thank you! I can assure you, it wasn't always that way- as a "newbie" in the pageant system, it's something I've been working on quite a bit. I visited both Davanne Moul, a Mary-Kay consultant in Ogallala, Nebraska, as well as The Perfect Face, a company in Houston, Texas for makeup lessons. Through each of those, I got quite a few application tips, and then the other side of things is using the right products. Through a bit of experimentation, I found the right cosmetics for me. If you want to give me your email address or send me a message on facebook, I can give you a list of the products I use, as well as the way I apply. Otherwise, playing with it and experimenting is always good. Hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting me know! My email address is caseyvalerielinsey@gmail.com